Swiss Half Fare Rail Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2015 at 19:43:28 #806846

Evening,

Does each person need a Swiss Half Fare travel Card to get the discount, or can I buy discounted tickets for me and my wife with just one Half Fare Card?

Also, would it be worth getting the card as we have a hire car in Switzerland and plan to drive to Engleberg then take the cable car to Mount Titlis.

Then the next day we will drive to Interlaken and take the train from Interlaken OST to Jungafraujoch but if the weather is bad and we can’t make the trip up to Jungafraujoch we have possibly wasted money, right?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 February 2015 at 14:41:40 #841662

Hi chrishawkins,

You and your wife both need your own Swiss Half Fare Card. If you’re just doing the Titlis it’s not worth it, but with Jungfraujoch too, it certainly saves money. If the weather does not allow for that trip, there are lots of other things you can do and get a discount on. Like a boat trip, or another peak that may not be in the clouds.

If you buy the cards today through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk, you can still get them for the lower price as explained here. All points of sale are listed here.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Rail Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.