Swiss Half Fare Card and Mittelallalin

• binkytravels
    Participant
    7 posts
    28 June 2017 at 13:54:50 #812445

Hello, I understand there is a 50 percent discount with this card up the Mittelallalin in Saas Fee.

I will also have the citizen’s pass, which gives me free access up to Felskinn Station. From Felskinn station, with the citizen’s pass, I pay a flat rate of CHF45 for the so-called Metro Plus Ticket for unlimited ascend and descend to Mittelallalin (http://www.saas-fee.ch/en/citizens-pass/).

My question is, is there a further 50 percent discount on this Metro Plus Ticket upon presentation of the Swiss Half Price card? Or is the CHF 45 the net price already? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 June 2017 at 18:41:20 #865932

Hi binkytravels,

I’m not 100% sure here, but in most cases discounts of several passes cannot be combined. So you’d either pay CHF 45 with your Citizen’s Pass or use your Swiss Half Fare Card and pay only CHF 37,50 for the return trip from/to Saas-Fee. Please find a link to ticket prices through myswissalps.com/mittel allalin/tickets. Mind to click the “Summer” tab once you’re at the Saas Fee website. If you want to verify this, I suggest you contact Saas Fee tourism.

binkytravels
    Participant
    7 posts
    29 June 2017 at 4:08:48 #865933

Your reply is faster than the tourist office!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card and Mittelallalin’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.