Swiss Motorway vignette Locarno area for few hours

Swiss Motorway vignette Locarno area for few hours

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
alma27
alma27
1 post
Jun 21, 2015 - 2:26 PM

We are going to tour north italy and spend a cupple of hours in Locarno area.I read about the swiss sticker (vignette??) that is needed to pay for highways or toll routes use only. (roads marked in Green signs), and that you don't need it for those marked with blue signs.I read that it costs 40 francs I think monthly.I also read they fource you to aquire it once you passed to Swizerland.And I really want to know, if I'm not going to use any highways or toll routes (I'm not sure what you call a Motorway?) just smaller ways, Can I avoid this high payment. to pay for 4-6 hours a month toll......

I would appreciate an aclaration on this issue please,

Alma

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jun 21, 2015 - 5:31 PM

Hi Alma,

Thanks for your post! The vignette costs CHF 40 for a whole year. You won't be forced to buy one unless you enter Switzerland on a motorway, because that's where they're required (motorway 2 near Chiasso in your case). If you only use the local roads you don't need a vignette. For more information and links to further details, please see myswissalps.com/ motorwayvignette.

Have a great trip!

Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
Jun 21, 2015 - 8:42 PM in reply to Annika

Hello Alma,

Maybe it's helpful to see the Swiss motorways on a map. On this page www.ezv.admin.ch/zolli nfo_privat/04338/04340 /index.html?lang=en of the Swiss Customs Administration you'll find a "Map of the national roads subject to taxation" under Other infos.

Have some nice hours there!

Last modified on Jun 21, 2015 - 8:45 PM by Wandermann
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2656 posts
expert
Jun 22, 2015 - 1:15 AM in reply to Wandermann

Thanks for the map.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016