swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2014 at 18:25:41 #806492

As im still confused im going to buy the !st Class Swiss pass-Does this cover me on the Glacier Express and Bernina Express please – And what discount do i get on the Jungfrau, Garnergrat,Schilthorn and Mattahorn Paradise Cable are ? And do i have to reserve by seats on the Glacier and Bernina as well as book my meal ?

Thanks clare

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 July 2014 at 19:16:49 #840411

Hi Clare,

You can download the map here, that will answer most of your questions. To summarize: the Glacier Express and Bernina Express are included, but the seat reservations are not included. The cable cars/mountain trains are 50% discounted. The Jungfraujoch ride is 25% discounted.

You can only get a meal on the Glacier Express, but whether you do or don’t is up to you. You can decide when on board.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2014 at 20:12:57 #840412

Hi thanks, so i can book meal on board as its will be a special birthday can i do anything else on board the GE, also for the other trips is it best to leave till we are in the places as its Jan 2015 and weather permitting , we are going to stay in Chur, Zermattt and Grindalwald

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 July 2014 at 6:11:07 #840413

Yes, but seat reservations for the Glacier Express and Bernina Express must be booked in advance. If you do it last minute there may be none left.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2014 at 11:05:19 #840414

hi thanks will book trains in advance, its 50th birthday you see thanks again 4 your help 🙂

• The thread ‘swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.