Swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2014 at 6:46:22 #806592

Hi there

I will be spending a total of 5 days in Switzerland. I will start off in Zurich and travel to Zermatt and then to Geneva on the last day.

1) Does the Swiss pass cover the train rides between Zurich Airport and Zurich Bahnhof ?

2) Does the Swiss pass cover train rides in Zermatt? Or would I need to buy separate passes to take the train up to the Swiss alps?

3) I read about the Swiss card. Would my itinerary above be suitable to get a Swiss card?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 August 2014 at 10:09:03 #840885

Hello prislau 1! The regular train routes you mention are included in the Swiss Pass. Mountain transportation around Zermatt is discounted by 50%. You can check this by reviewing the validity map.

A Swiss Card can be used too. The first free travel day would consist of your trip form Zurich to Zermatt, the last one of your trip from Zermatt to Geneva. In between, a 50% discount applies. Whether this is a better option depends on your plans. Here‘s how to find out which pass fits your plans best.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.