Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 21:44:52 #807142

Please let me know if I can buy Swiss Pass on arrival at Zurich HB , as I traveling from Prague on 29th April Night and arrival at Zurich Railway station morning. Will it be possible to buy e-pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 6:13:15 #842742

Hi devanshpal,

Thanks for your post! There are cheaper options to get the pass as you can see here, but since you’ll need your pass tomorrow there’s no time left for those options. Even the e-pass takes more time to be processed and e-mailed to you. So you can indeed best get it in Zürich HB.

Note that the pass is now called Swiss Travel Pass. Swiss Pass is another product for Swiss citizens, which will become available later this year.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 11:55:45 #842743

I just want to know, I will reach zurich on 30 th morning at 930 in Zurich HB…will it possible to get e-pass by today.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 12:11:11 #842744

Hi devanshpal,

Well no, because of the reason in my previous post. But I just thought of an alternative you can try. As far as I know the American Rail Europe website sells e-passes even to non-US citizens (they don’t ask for a address) and I think you can print them right away. Please try that at raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html.

Did this work for you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 12:32:00 #842745

Hi Arno,

Thanks…

Is it save to buy..

Is it easy n safe to buy in Zurich. Where in Zurich HB will get Swiss travel pass. Is there any specific counter.

Thanks n regards

Devansh

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 12:37:18 #842746

Hi Devansh

Sure, both options are safe, they are just not the same price. Any counter should be able to sell the pass to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 13:13:20 #842747

Hi,

Suppose if I take epass from American rail Europe site what I have to do once I reach Zurich. Do I need to validate that in counter or any stamping or any formalities….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 13:14:07 #842748

Hi Arno,

I was trying to buy the ticket from the raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html. and could see that it is not allowing me to select Czech republic as the country from where I will be travelling. Basically I am from India and currently in Czech republic and will be travelling from here. Can I select the country as India and travel from Czech Republic day after tomorrow.

Also if I buy the ticket from Zurich station after reaching there on 30th will the cost of the ticket be more than CHF 220 per Adult in second class .

Regards

Devansh

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 13:31:11 #842749

Hi Devansh,

The e-pass is a fairly new option, but as far as I know it does not need any validation in Zurich and can be used right away. You need to select your country of residence, which is India. It does not matter that you travel from the Czech Republic. In Zurich a 3-day pass will not be more than CHF 220.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.