Reservations Glacier Express with Swiss rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2017 at 20:10:11 #810691

I booked a 8 day swiss rail pass for June. How do I make seat reservations for glacier train to Zermatt

Rekha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 January 2017 at 9:07:50 #858546

Hi Rekha, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Our Glacier Express page provides the links you need: myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/ tickets. If you have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass, the ride is free and you indeed only need the seat reservation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2017 at 23:44:31 #858547

I checked the timetable and it is asking me to put destination and time. Don’t understand. I have no idea what glacier train to take from St. Moritz to Zermatt.

Rekha

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 February 2017 at 12:52:59 #858548

Hi Rekha,

Yes, the reservation will be for one particular train, so you need to pick a date and time. Did you try the link at the bottom of the page I referred to? It should be a straightforward process. In case of issues, please let me know your travel date and the problem that occurred, and I’ll look into it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2017 at 13:42:18 #858549

Hi Arno

I am taking glacier train from St. Moritz to Zermatt in the morning on 6/3. as there are many platforms i could not decide. 9am train will be perfect.

link shows many stations

thx

Rika

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 February 2017 at 14:27:28 #858550

Hi Rika,

I’m afraid I don’t fully understand your issue. What do you mean by “many platforms”? I you go to the link as described in my previous post, you will see clear “from” and “to” boxes. All you need to do there is select St. Moritz and Zermatt. Then, on the next page you will see the available trains (often just one to three trains). You can book from 3 months before the travel date, so from March 3 in your case. I don’t think the 3 month limitation applies if you book through http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains, but they are working on their site and currently you can’t fill out from/to stations. Will be fixed soon I guess.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 February 2017 at 17:35:30 #858551

The Happyrail site works fine now, they fixed it.

• The thread ‘Reservations Glacier Express with Swiss rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.