Swiss Pass – what”s included & how long it”s valid

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 17:27:59 #812398

Hii moderators!!

First of all, congrats for your website, its very useful!!

I have some doubts:

1) I intend to buy a swiss pass 8 consecutive days. If it stars at 19:00 pm on 15/09, it ends up at 19:00 pm on 23/09 or at 23:59 on 22/09?

2) I saw on the website that the validity area covers Geneve, Montreux, Zermatt, Lucern,Bern. But archamps and anemasse are not included.Am i seeing correctly on the map? So, in theses 2last cities i wouldnt have any discounts ok?

3) In Zermatt, i wouldnt have public transportation with swiss pass and i would have to pay tickets with 50% of reduction to visit GOrnergrat and Matterhorn corrrect?

4) Is there any discount if i buy 2 passses?

Thanks a lot!Lucas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 June 2017 at 17:56:14 #865728

Hi Lucas,

I’m glad you like it here! Welcome!

1) Mind that the SwissPass is a card for residents of Switzerland only. The pass you are referring to is the Swiss Travel Pass, which is for tourists. In your case the pass ends on September 23, 5:00 AM. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/howtouse.

2) That is correct, because Archamps and Annemasse are in France. Only in exceptional cases routes outside of Switzerland are included. An example is Martigny to Chamonix.

3) Yes, correct. Most cableways and mountain trains are discounted, not free. Some are free though, but not in Zermatt.

4) There is no discount because of buying two passes (there was such a discount until 2014 or so). But there are promotions at the moment: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 19:29:36 #865729

Thanks Arno!

other doubts:

1) Is there really possible to ski in zermatt in september?

2) if i buy the Matterhorn ticket, its included the ski pass? Or they are different tickets? How do they work? I want to visit the Matterhorn, gornergrat and ski 3 days!

tnahks

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2017 at 10:38:13 #865730

You’re welcome!

1) Yes, but only on the glacier. If you’re a good skier you can ski there, in thin air. Mornings are typically best. It is not the place or time to learn skiing if you’re a first timer.

2) The standard ticket just includes the ride up and down, not the ski lifts. You can buy a ski pass once there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2017 at 22:45:05 #865731

Thanks Arno!

i Was reading a topic about the chocolate train and i got confused! Its said that its included with swiss travel pass , but when i was researching in other site, it says the regular price is 99 but with Swiss pass its 69! Whats the difference?

the free option is more limited ? Does it include degustation ?

thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 1:22:24 #865732

Hi Lucasss1986

>> i Was reading a topic about the chocolate train and i got confused! Its said that its included with swiss travel pass , but when i was researching in other site, it says the regular price is 99 but with Swiss pass its 69! Whats the difference? the free option is more limited ? Does it include degustation ?

The Chocolate Train is a first-class excursion package that includes more than a train ride: first class train travel; visits to the cheese and chocolate factories; transfers by bus from Gruyères station to the village, and then on to the chocolate factory in Broc after a break of 2.5 hours. Coffee and a chocolate croissant is also provided on the train. It costs CHF 69 for people with a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, which is a discount of CHF 30.

You can do a similar thing for free on normal trains with your Swiss Travel Pass, in which case you get free train travel and free entry to both factories, incuding tastings that are provided as part of the factory tour. Instead of the bus transfer between Gruyères and Broc that is provided on the Chocolate Train excursion, you would use the train.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 2:20:53 #865733

Perfect! Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass – what”s included & how long it”s valid’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.