Swiss Pass can not be purchased by Swiss residents

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 January 2012 at 6:11:08 #804831

Hello,

Happy New Year Wishes to MySwissAlps forum.

I am Manish from India. I have been working in Switzerland, Basel since May 2010, and living on L permit.

I live in Basel, for say 6 months and then 6 months in India.

Am I eligible for Swiss Pass, as I have read somewhere that The Swiss Pass can not be purchased by residents of Switzerland.

Please guide me.

If it is not possible, than can I use EuRail (which is for Swiss Residents)? Will it cover same features and benefits like Swiss Pass.

If I am travelling with EuRail Swiss Pass and other person with Swiss Pass, is it possible to board same train, using the different paas, or EuRail pass will have some difference in routes and benefits.

Please help.

Regards,
    Manish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 January 2012 at 8:40:35 #834623

Hello Manish, and best wishes to you too! As long as you have a Indian passport, you are eligible for a Swiss Pass and you don’t have to use a Eurail Pass. All specifics, including prices and a validity map, can be found at the Swiss Pass page.

Best regards,

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass can not be purchased by Swiss residents’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.