Swiss pass chaeper outside Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2012 at 8:40:48 #805128

I was in Switzerlan with a partner and we purhased a 4 days 2nd class swiss saver pass for CHF 452.Now i realised that had we purchased it from India it would actually have costed us only CHF 226.A huge difference indeed.Can our moderator comment on this aspect pls.It would really be helpful if we have some clarity on this price difference.
    Regards
    NAND KUMAR

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 April 2012 at 12:42:06 #835619

Hello Nand Kumar,

Swiss rail passes can be purchased from various resellers. A Swiss rail station is a common place to purchase but in fact it’s just one of the options you can choose from. Each reseller has their own pricing, promotions and other policies. And obviously exchange rates are a factor as well. This website aimes to provide a clear overview of all the opions. Our pass pages, such as the Swiss Pass page, make it quite easy to find the best deal. Many times, buying from one of the online resellers is cheaper. The promotion you referred to has been explained and discussed thoroughly here since early February. Too bad indeed you didn’t find out about it sooner. I hope the rest of your trip was a good one!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2012 at 13:20:43 #835620

thanks dear.i am travelling again on the 2nd from Mumbai n this time i will buy that on line from the cheapest point of sale!!!that way i can partly make up for that huge loss!!!

• The thread ‘Swiss pass chaeper outside Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.