Swiss pass confusion

Swiss pass confusion

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
pookstuff
pookstuff
1 post
Apr 29, 2012 - 3:43 PM
Hello,
My partner and I are travelling to Switzerland in early June. I will be in the country for a week and am travelling as follows:
Day 1: Basel airport to Basel
Day 2: Basel to Buchs
Day 4: Buchs to Lauterbrunnen 9via Bern)
Day 9: Lauterbrunnen to Basel
Day 10: Basel to Basel airport

My partner will be meeting me on Day 4 in Bern (where we hope to spend the afternoon), and his travel will be more simple:
Day 4: Basel airport to Lauterbrunnen (via Bern)
Day 7: Lauterbrunnen to Basel airport

At Lauterbrunnen we hope to partake in a few activities but are well aware there may be extra charges for scenic railways and the like.

We are both a little confused as to what the best deal is for both of us, and whether we can buy our tickets together or not. Any advice would be welcome!

Many thanks
Katy
Arno
Arno
7292 posts
expert &
Apr 30, 2012 - 3:32 PM
Hi Katy,

I would say that you can best look into a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass and use the free travel days on your day 2, 4 and 9. You'll get discounts on your other traveling between day 2 and 9. Your partner can best consider a Swiss Card, which includes his transfers for free, and discounts in between. If you follow the links you'll get to the details of the passes. From there, you can find the best resellers as well. You can purchase both passes from the same reseller.

Also, you may want to take a look at our page about Basel.

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016