Swiss pass confusion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 13:43:18 #805184

Hello,
    My partner and I are travelling to Switzerland in early June. I will be in the country for a week and am travelling as follows:
    Day 1: Basel airport to Basel
    Day 2: Basel to Buchs
    Day 4: Buchs to Lauterbrunnen 9via Bern)
    Day 9: Lauterbrunnen to Basel
    Day 10: Basel to Basel airport

My partner will be meeting me on Day 4 in Bern (where we hope to spend the afternoon), and his travel will be more simple:
    Day 4: Basel airport to Lauterbrunnen (via Bern)
    Day 7: Lauterbrunnen to Basel airport

At Lauterbrunnen we hope to partake in a few activities but are well aware there may be extra charges for scenic railways and the like.

We are both a little confused as to what the best deal is for both of us, and whether we can buy our tickets together or not. Any advice would be welcome!

Many thanks
    Katy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    30 April 2012 at 15:32:02 #835837

Hi Katy,

I would say that you can best look into a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass and use the free travel days on your day 2, 4 and 9. You’ll get discounts on your other traveling between day 2 and 9. Your partner can best consider a Swiss Card, which includes his transfers for free, and discounts in between. If you follow the links you’ll get to the details of the passes. From there, you can find the best resellers as well. You can purchase both passes from the same reseller.

Also, you may want to take a look at our page about Basel.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss pass confusion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.