Swiss pass discount

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2014 at 18:00:08 #806546

Hi m Kamath from India.we are travelling to Switzerland in September for 10 nites.which pass should we go in for n how many days.we intend to travel quite a bit n do a few mountain xcursions as well.wats the xact rate in INR for a 15 day swiss pass.travel agents are quoting different prices.read about sum discount on swiss pass.please update me regarding this….

We will be travelling to Austria for 3 nites.do we need to buy a pass ther for commuting or point to point ticket makes sense.awaiting your reply

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 July 2014 at 18:40:33 #840742

Hi Kamath, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Swiss Pass prices can be found here, and Swiss Pass promotions and discounts are listed here. 15 days currently is INR 30543 per person, 8 days is INR 25277. You will get an INR 4000 discount with the promo code (only if you buy online).

Without knowing your exact travel plans it’s hard to recommend a pass, but as you say you will travel a lot, a Swiss Saver Pass should work out the cheapest. How to choose among passes as explained here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2014 at 3:59:09 #840743

Thank you.wats the difference between Swiss pass n Swiss saver pass.we are two adults travelling so pls suggest me as to which is d pass I should opt.

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 July 2014 at 7:10:44 #840744

Hi Kamath,

I already noticed that you are traveling with more than one person, so the prices I quoted are for the Swiss Saver Pass, which is 10% cheaper than a Swiss Pass for one person. There is no other difference, it’s just the discount for traveling together. So you can go to http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-pass, order the pass for two people traveling together, and use the promo code for the extra discount.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2014 at 7:33:39 #840745

Thanx a lot for ur info.isd discount valid for only d online purchase???

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 July 2014 at 7:52:04 #840746

You’re welcome! Yes, the promo code discount is only available online.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass discount’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.