Swiss Pass for 6 days in Switzerland

Swiss Pass for 6 days in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ruhij
ruhij
3 posts
Jun 10, 2015 - 3:26 PM

Hi,

I have been researching on which Swiss pass to buy for our upcoming trip to Switzerland, but now I am very confused and need advise on which pass works best for our itinerary.

We are family of 4 adult and 1 seven year old. We are arriving at Zurich on 14th July and will be staying there for 2 nights and then going to Interlaken on 16th July. We will be staying at Wilderswil for 4 nights and leave for Zurich on 20th July. While in Wilderswil, we will be making day trip to Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald and maybe one more place. Which Swiss pass would work best for us.

Thanks so much for your help

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2015 - 5:39 PM

Hi ruhij,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Which passes are you considering? All of them are listed here. What is it that confuses you most?

Are you staying in both Interlaken and Wilderswil, or just Wilderswil?

Last modified on Jun 10, 2015 - 5:39 PM by Arno
ruhij
ruhij
3 posts
Jun 11, 2015 - 12:00 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

I have read abt all the passes but just wanted to know what works best for our itinerary. We will be staying at Wilderswil only but commuting to Interlaken. I understand from my hotel that they have guest pass which let's us travel free in those area. So I need to have some pass from Zurich and back and for our trips to Jungfrouch, Grindelwald and maybe one more place.

Thanks so much

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2015 - 5:58 PM

Hello ruhij,

The visitors card will get you free traveling in the immediate surroudings of Interlaken, so you can indeed get from Wilderswil to Interlaken for free. A link to details is on the Interlaken hotel page.

It sounds like your best option is to get four Swiss Half Fare Cards for the adults. It allows you to buy 50% discounted tickets. The 7 year old travels along for free with the free Swiss Family Card. The purchase options are listed here.

Kind regards,

Annika

ruhij
ruhij
3 posts
Jun 17, 2015 - 1:39 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks for your response. It has helped make our decision. We are buying half fare card.

one last question, we have bought the Swiss half card online but yet to get the delivery. However we would like to buy our train tickets from Zurich to Interlaken and back tday. How can I get 50% discount on them? Do I need to wait for my Swiss half fare pass to arrive or is there another option ? I am rushing with this booking since it links to our arrival and departure. Your response will help

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2015 - 5:34 PM

Hi ruhij,

You can buy your tickets at any station, either from the ticket desk or through a machine. They don't sell out and you don't need seat reservations.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016