Swiss Pass, Half Fare Card or 4 day Swiss Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2011 at 17:43:49 #804393

Hello,

This is my itinerary for a 7 day trip to Switzerland with the point-to-point train trips I will need.

Day
    1 Zurich Lucerne
    2 Lucerne Mt. Pilatus
    3 Lucerne Interlaken
    4 Interlaken Lauterbrunnen
    4 Lauterbrunnen Murren (RT)
    4 Murren Schilthorn (RT)
    5 Lauterbrunnen Wengen (RT)
    5 Wengen Jungfraujoch (RT)
    6 Lauterbrunnen Zermatt
    6 Zermatt Matterhorn (RT)
    7 Zermatt Bern

Bern Munich (already booked)

What would be my best option from the following 3?

a) Swiss Pass starting from Zurich to Lucerne and Zermatt to Bern with 50% everywhere in between
    b) Half Fare card everywhere
    c) 4 day consecutive saver pass (2 of us) for days 4-7 and full price otherwise.

Thanks,
    Nivas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 June 2011 at 2:27:50 #833156

Hi svrider,

You can calculate exactly if you want, but from my experience I would say that option b (Swiss Half Fare Card) is the cheapest. It seems like you mean a Swiss Flexi Pass with option a, buit there isn’t a 2-day version available, and also Zurich – Lucerne is relative short to use a free travel day for. Option c would be expensive as days 4-7 start with 2 days of short trips and also the Swiss Saver Pass gets you less discount on the Jungfraujoch than the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass, Half Fare Card or 4 day Swiss Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.