Swiss Pass Info (Website Down)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2011 at 0:46:21 #804289

Hi

Since sbb.ch is down for the last couple of days, I have no idea at all, to check different options/rates about routes etc to figure out which of the 3 passes is good for me :
    (a) Swiss Pass
    (b) Swiss Flexi Pass
    (c) Swiss Half Saver Pass

Firstly, it’s really hard to just go to the links which are being referenced to and trying to figure out on my own as to what pass is good for me …
    So I would really really appreciate some inputs that can help me make a decision rather than me being directed to the Swiss Pass page which increases my confusion even more :-))))

Itinerary:
    I would be based in Interlaken for 5 nights …

24th May: Arriving from Paris by Day Train …
    25th May:
    26th May:
    27th May:
    28th May:
    29th May: Departing to Venice by Day Train …

Places I intend to cover / visit:

(a) Jungfraoch
    (b) Titlis
    (c) Pilatus (the 360 tour)
    (d) Geneva (go and come back the same day)
    (e) Montreux (go and come back the same day)

Now based on other travellers, I guess there are lot many more scenic places to visit too …
    SO for sure I would want just a basic list of scenic places that I can review online so that I do not have to search for them …
    From the list I can shortlist 1-2 more places that I can cover …

About the PASS ! 🙂
    If someone can crisply tell me which of the 3 passes would be good for me and my wife …
    We are there for 5 nights 6 days …
    Considering the trains that we might have to take and maybe some local buses here n there, which pass would be good ?

Thanks
    Sunil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2011 at 3:03:01 #832815

Hi Sunil,

I’ve seen some problems at sbb.ch as well, but currently it’s working fine for me. I guess all you can do is wait for them to have it fixed, or contact them. As for your itinerary, I think we’ve covered all of this in one of your other topics. The Swiss Half Fare Card would be a good fit from an economical point of view. There’s not much I can add to that, other than if you prefer convenience (not buying separate tickets for each trip), a Swiss Saver Pass would be better.

Our website provides lists of more scenic places in the Bernese Oberland, Wallis and Graubünden.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2011 at 4:10:06 #832816

I just noticed you’ll do this all from one base. In that case, the amount of traveling makes the 8-day Swiss Pass your best option.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    13 May 2011 at 5:59:02 #832817

Hello Sunil,

During most of our visits to Switzerland we always used a Swiss Pass, which I can really recommend. It’s easy, very handy and it gives you discounts on serveral cog railways, gondolas, etc. An overview of what you can do with your Swiss (Saver) Pass can be found here. This year we will also be spending our holidays in Switzerland and we will buy our Swiss Pass as ever from this website. I’m sure you will not regret it! In the end it always appeared to be the cheapest solution for us as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Info (Website Down)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.