Swiss Pass Options

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2014 at 11:43:31 #806328

Hi all, there will be 5 of us traveling together to Swiss from 7 May to 10 May. Our plan is to stay near Rheinfall the first night, then travel to Zermatt for two nights. During the travel to Zermatt, we like to visit interlaken for maybe two hrs. Then on the last day we will take the train from Zermatt to Geneva airport. I like to know which pass are the best for us. I try to buy the 2 days flexi swiss pass but it not possible to buy it online. I will start my travel tomorrow, so i hope someone could help me. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 April 2014 at 12:48:51 #839829

Hi jacqueline99,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The 2-day Swiss Flexi Saver Pass suits your needs and is still for sale online. Some sites may not sell it anymore since it’s only for sale until April 30, 2014, and available for traveling until May 31, 2014. But you can still get it in the Swiss Railways webshop. Click ‘Order Now’, then enter the number of travelers, travel date and class, and the 2-day option will appear. Note that you have to pick a travel date in April in order to see the 2-day option. That date just indicates the first day that you can use the pass, but your first travel day can be later as well.

They can ship the pass to your first hotel in Switzerland (2 – 3 working days) or have it ready for you at the airport. Also they can send it to your home address but since you depart tomorrow that should not be your choice.

Interlaken is not really interesting if you have so little time to spend. It’s the area around Interlaken that is really beautiful, but not the town itself. I would say that Lucerne (recommended) and Bern are more picturesque, and en route for you as well.

By the way, I noticed you’re from The Netherlands. We have a forum in Dutch as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2014 at 13:22:09 #839830

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your information. If I select the date in April, does it means that I will lost the first day? It is kind of confusing actually. Is it safe to send it to the first hotel I will be staying?

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 April 2014 at 13:43:50 #839831

Hi jacqueline99,

No, it’s the first day you can use the pass, not the first day you have to use the pass. So you’re free to select May 7 as your first travel day. The two free travel days can be written down on the pass by yourself.

Swiss post is safe, and I assume that the hotel is safe and willing to help well (I don’t know of any examples which aren’t). To be sure all goes smoothly, you can inform the hotel that they can expect a parcel from the Swiss Railways for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2014 at 13:52:38 #839832

Dear Arno,

I tried select May 1st which is the last day of purchasing the ticket and it has two days pass option. So, I guess the date is actually referring to the sale period. I will contact my hotel and see if they are ok with it. Thank you so much for the tips. Really appreciate it!

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 April 2014 at 14:10:53 #839833

Indeed, the sale period is why you can’t select a later date. The pass is valid for up to one month, and they want to make sure that people can’t use the pass after May 31, as that’s when this offer expires. I’m glad that all is fine now. Enjoy the Alps!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.