Swiss Pass or Swiss half fare card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2014 at 21:06:23 #806498

Hi,

We(1 senior, 1 adult, 1 youth) will be travelling from Geneva airport to Lauterbrunnen in early August. The next day, we will go up to Jungfraujoch and back on the same day. In between, we might visit Wenger or Interlaken. The 3rd day, we will go to Geneva for a 2 nights-stay. The important routes in our itinerary are Geneva airport-Lauterbrunnen-Jungfraujoch-Lauterbrunnen-Geneva in 3 days. Thus, I would like to know:

1. Does swiss half fare card give 50% too for the trip from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch?

2. On the raileurope website, there is an option: Swiss saver 4-days 2nd class pass which costs only CHF199 and this price is also written on your website but I couldn’t choose that option. How can I have this price? Besides, if I’m not mistaken, we can choose 1 Swiss youth pass and 2 swiss saver pass in our case?

3. Is there any promotions for swiss half fare card or swiss pass? If so, in total, which pass is the best option for 3 of us and how should we buy it?

Thank you in advance.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 July 2014 at 6:17:42 #840572

Hi huixuan, welcome to our website!

1. Yes, it does. Please see here.

2. I see you are from France. If you select your country in the Price section of the Swiss Pass page, you will see all purchase options and prices. There is no Swiss Pass for CHF 199. That’s the price of the Swiss Card.

3. Promotions can be found in the Promotions section of each of our rail pass pages. In your case, you will save most with the Swiss Half Fare Card. The Price section shows you where you can buy. I am assuming you won’t be making very long trip from Geneva, hence this conclusion. See here for how to pick the cheapest pass based on your travel plans. If you would choose the Swiss Pass, people up to 25 can indeed buy the cheaper Swiss Youth Pass.

Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2014 at 10:42:56 #840573

Alright, thank you for your reply.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass or Swiss half fare card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.