Swiss pass question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2014 at 22:03:42 #806642

Hello

i want to ask about swiss pass we are 3 ppl 2 adult 1 child 5yr

i will rent car from airport to my frist stop Montreux, hp ihave plan to visit some mountain and use rail sometime with boat at some locations, maybe 5 mountain and rail maybe 4-6 times boat maybe twice,

so what rail pass i have to take? and the price i pay? also where i can found this swiss pass in montreux ? or near

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 September 2014 at 5:33:25 #841079

Hello ysfq8,

Your plans sound like you can easily do them without a car and use the excellent train system instead. That way you would just need one pass (e.g. a Swiss Pass or Regional Pass Lake Geneva) to cover all trips. If you do rent a car I would recommend to look into the Swiss Half Fare Card and the regional pass I just mentioned. Please see the links for all pass details, price, where to buy, etc.

This guide about how to choose a pass is helpful too I think.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2014 at 21:24:28 #841080

thank you

this is really helpful and i think the half fare is great choice thank you

• The thread ‘Swiss pass question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.