Swiss Pass – Singapore

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2011 at 9:05:35 #805442

K Wong, I purchased my pass from Swiss Pass Reseller/Representative in Singapore – Dynasty Travel, 35 North Bridge, 6532 0031, Timothy (opposite the new Central Shopping Mall). Prices – same as web raileurope quotation. Self collection possible.

I got mine today!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 September 2011 at 14:20:39 #836645

Hi judyyong,

For the cheapest option, please check the Swiss Pass page. All points of sale, prices and promotions can be found there.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2012 at 0:02:48 #836646

Hi

I am curious, why would one buy a swiss pass from Singapore when the agency charge handling fees and the exchange rates aren’t favourable either. What are the pro & cons of buying in Singapore?

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2012 at 2:25:40 #836647

Hi funnyclown, and welcome here!

Well, buying in advance is cheaper most of the time, but current exchange rates indeed cause many reseller prices to go up. Not every pass is for sale in Switzerland (e.g. the Swiss Transfer Ticket and some promotions). Buying in advance saves times on arrival. You can either board your first train immediately or get a quick stamp from a railway official, depending on the reseller. Depending on the reseller as well, you can pay in your own currency, so there won’t be any exchange rate surprises or fees from the bank. You have to pay in Swiss francs if you buy in Switzerland, so the actual price you pay will only become clear when you see your bank statement. Buying in Switzerland would be a good choice if you don’t know your travel details until the last minute, or if it’s much cheaper for the pass you have in mind.

Anyway, it’s a matter of personal preferences, so you can best see for yourself at the Swiss Pass page. If you just select “Singapore” and your desired pass type, all the options will be shown with full details about prices, shipping, promotions, etc. Please note that prices do not include promo code discounts you may be able to use, so you may pay less depending on your order value. Please see this topic for details.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass – Singapore’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.