Swiss pass upgrade pay 2nd class with free upgrade

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2010 at 12:47:01 #803810

Hi, I am hoping someone out there can help me, my travel agent ordered 2 swisspasses for me which included a free 1st class upgrade, my only concern is on the the pass it says must be used by 31st May 2010, we are travelling from the 29th May to 4th June I have been told that once the 31st of May comes I lose out on my last 4 days (its a 8 day pass) is that correct? or do I just go back to 2nd class for June, which is fine. Many thanks in advanced for your help.
    Kind regards Whistler

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 May 2010 at 3:39:46 #831226

Hi Whistler, and welcome to the forum! On previous occasions of similar offers, in which a date was printed on the Swiss Pass, this turned out to be the date at which the validity of the pass should start at the latest. In that case, 31st May wouldn’t be the end date of your pass, but only the date at which you should have started using it. So there wouldn’t be a problem then and your Swiss Pass would be valid in 1st class on all 8 days.

But I’m not sure of this, as I don’t know exactly what’s printed on your pass and what the exact rules of your offer are. Your travel agent should be able to help you out on this. If you could let me know exactly what’s stated on your pass and how it’s said, or better: scan it and post it here as an attachment, I could probably be of better assistance. Could you try and give some additional information? Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2010 at 5:32:39 #831227

Many thanks for your reply I did manage to speak to my travel agent and the swiss pass in not valid after 31st May, great news when you start your holiday tomorrow. Never mind many thanks kind regards Whistler

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 May 2010 at 6:05:22 #831228

Hello Whistler, I’m sorry to hear that. I can imagine it must be disappointing! Maybe a Swiss Half Fare Card could help you out for the last 4 days of your stay. Either way, I hope you enjoy your holidays!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2010 at 12:26:57 #831229

Hi Annika, many thanks for your kind & helpful words. Kind regards Whistler

• The thread ‘Swiss pass upgrade pay 2nd class with free upgrade’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.