Swiss Pass validity

• ramurk
    Participant
    3 posts
    20 May 2014 at 12:20:31 #806373

Hi,

I want to know more about where Swiss Pass is valid. I will stay in Switzerland for 6 days. My intended places to visit are

Jungfrau

Mount Titlis

Mount Pilatus

Rhine falls and

Giessbachfälle

I will also hire a car for my entire stay in Switzerland. So is it beneficial to buy the Swiss pass? Do I get free cable cars till Titlis and Pilatus and free boat rides on Rhine falls ?

What is recommended in my case?

Thanks

Murk

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 May 2014 at 17:19:25 #839994

Hi Murk, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can best review the Swiss Pass page as that explains about what’s included (download the map), prices, points of sale, etc. All places you want to visit can easily, or even better, be reached by public transport. If you do hire a car, a Swiss Half Fare Card is the best choice in most cases. See here for how to calculate which pass works out cheapest.

ramurk
    Participant
    3 posts
    21 May 2014 at 8:21:13 #839995

Hi Annika

Thanks alot. It was really helpful. Is the Swiss Half Fare card valid for Jungfrau as well? Will I get 50 % off on those trains ?

Regards

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 May 2014 at 12:53:46 #839996

Hi Murk,

Yes it is. Please see the “Where it’s valid” section on the Swiss Half Fare Card page Annika referred to.

ramurk
    Participant
    3 posts
    21 May 2014 at 13:20:10 #839997

Thankyou so much for your responses. It will surely help 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.