Swiss Pass vs. Swiss HFC – 15 day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2012 at 19:18:58 #805106

Hello!

Please advise which is the better option, Swiss Pass vs. HFC, for the following 15 day trip:

1) Arrive Zurich, travel to Luzerne
    1a) Luzerne for 3 nights, visit Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Titlus, Mt. Rigi
    2) Luzerne to Lugano via Wilhelm Tell Express
    2a)Lugano for 2 nights, visit Gandria, Morcote, Monte Bre, Monte Generoso (may be too much to fit in?)
    3) Lugano to Bellinzona
    3a) Bellinzona for 1 night, visit castles
    4) Bellinzona to Locarno
    4a) Locarno for 1 night, visit Isole di Brissago
    5) Locarno to Zermatt via Domodosola (does either pass cover the Centovalli Rail)
    5a) Zermatt for 3 nights, visit Matterhorn, Gornergrat
    6) Zermatt to Lauterbrunnen (please recommend best route for this leg)
    6a) Lauterbrunnen for 4 nights, visit Murren/Schilthorn/Piz Gloria, Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald
    7) Luaterbrunnen to Zurich, return flight

Also, should I purchase before I travel to Switzerland or when I arrive in Zurich. Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    11 April 2012 at 10:31:31 #835533

Hello yl5012,

Reading your topic, my first thought was: purchase a Swiss (Saver) Pass. Information can be found on the Swiss Pass page, you will also find an overview of the network on which this pass is valid. Please note the discounts mentioned on the same page.
    I’m not completely sure about 2a, but it seems much to me.

As for ordering online: yes, that would be my advice. It’s easy, you can use it immediately and you will not have to wait at a ticket office.
    Just fill out the required information in the right hand top corner and you will see prices etc.

I hope this gets you going, have a nice trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass vs. Swiss HFC – 15 day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.