Swiss Pass/Mont-Blanc expr. repl. bus to Chamonix

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2011 at 23:50:35 #805060

The Swiss Flexi Pass is listed as valid on the Mont-Blanc Express train from Martigny to Chamonix (France).

But the SBB site says the train isn’t running and lists a bus to Chamonix as alternative (as shown below).
    1) Would the Swiss Pass be valid on this bus to Chamonix too?
    2) Is this bus journey worth it? I heard the Mont-Blanc train ride is very scenic. Would the bus ride also be that scenic?

Journey: Martigny to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
    Date: 07.10.11

dep 13:22 Martigny (BUS 118)
    arr 14:59 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Duration 1:37

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 October 2011 at 5:19:59 #835331

Hi nytraveler! Yes, the Swiss Flexi Pass should offer the same benefits for the replacing bus. I don’t know the exact bus route, but since it stops at the railway stations along the train line between Martigny and Chamonix, it covers roughly the same route and should be scenic too.

Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 October 2011 at 22:32:10 #835332

Thanks a lot.
    I just returned from my trip.
    The pass was valid and the route was very scenic!

Annika
    7116 posts
    11 October 2011 at 14:43:26 #835333

You’re welcome nytraveler. Good to hear that you liked that route!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 8:25:47 #835334

Hi, Nytraveler.
    Thanks for updating your question with your experience.
    I once again seek your advise. My wife & me will visit swiss in first week of May 2012. We have already purchased Swiss Flexi Pass 2 for1. Please confirm that I can travel from Montreux to Mont- Blanc via Martigny. Do I need reservation or separate ticket, in addition to flexi pass as I will be moving out of Swiss.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    27 March 2012 at 9:53:11 #835335

Hello jogijsr,

Do you mind if I try to answer your question? First I would like to draw your attention to this topic (about busses replacing trains on the leg Vallorcine – Chamonix-Mont Blanc).

You will travel for free with your Swiss Flexi Pass as long as you take care that you use your last free day for this journey (last free day, as you will be leaving Switzerland). Reservations or separate tickets are not necessary.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you a lovely stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass/Mont-Blanc expr. repl. bus to Chamonix’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.