$50 discount if you buy your Swiss Pass online

Get $50 off any Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass order. More information:
raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass

Create an account to receive an email when someone replies to this topic
stonehui
stonehui
2 posts
Apr 14, 2012 - 9:52 AM
Always thank you for your good infomation.
I have a swiss pass and can I use it even to reserve overnight train from Zurich to Salzburg without other charge?
And if so, where is the website to reserve it for swiss pass holders?
Wandermann
Wandermann
262 posts
Apr 14, 2012 - 11:04 AM
Hello stonehui,

You can check the details of your journey by Euronight train from Zürich to Salzburg through the Swiss Timetable. Just fill out Zürich and Salzburg as stations of departure and arrival, the date and time of departure etc.. If you click on Fare/Buy you'll see the relevant information, including the route the train will take (click on the "plus" right under the number of the connection of your choice).

With a Swiss Pass your journey will be free to the Swiss border station (Buchs SG). From there to Salzburg you will have to pay.

You'll have to make reservations for the whole journey as you travel by international train.
Making reservations will possibly be included in the fare. This becomes clear when you follow all the steps of ordering your ticket.

I hope this helps!
Wandermann
Wandermann
262 posts
Apr 14, 2012 - 1:51 PM
Hello stonehui,

In addition to my previous post:

During the proces of ordering your ticket for the train that leaves at 22.40 you'll see step 2. Passengers and Reduction for Switzerland.
Here you'll have to enter GA 2 cl 1 year/GA subscription or GA 1 cl 1 year/GA subscription (depending on the class you have your Swiss Pass for).
The GA (General Abonnement) is equal to your Swiss Pass and the Swiss leg of your journey will automatically be deducted from the total fare.

Good luck!
stonehui
stonehui
2 posts
Apr 14, 2012 - 8:32 PM
Thanks a lot!!!!!!! Your info was really helpful because I wanna know about the section of GA 2 cl 1 year/GA subscription . I finally could finish the reservation there. Thanks !!!!!!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

Planning your trips by Swiss rail

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel experts create a free customized itinerary for you. If you like their suggestion they can arrange for your trip.

More

Swiss tours by Macs Adventure

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2014