Swiss pass/Swiss flexi pass/Swiss half fare card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2013 at 12:00:03 #806191

Hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland for 5 days with my husband..I will fly in and out from Geneva.I will reach Geneva on 7th Dec morning 8.30 and have a return flight on 11th Dec 16:30. I have booked 3 nights accommodation in Grindelwald and 4th night in Lucerne. I am confused whether to buy 4 day Swiss pass or 3 day Swiss flexi Pass or Swiss half fare card with 1 day travel pass ( will buy a 2nd class one)
    My Itinerary is as below-

Day 1. Reach My hotel in Grindelwald from Geneva taking Golden Pass scenic train and if possible take Lake brienz cruise too.

Day 2. Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch

Day 3.Wander around the nearby villages in interlaken( murren/wengen)

Day 4.Mt. rigi/ Mt. titlis and then to my Lucerne hotel

Day 5. Lucerne to Geneva airport.

Please need some advice on the rail pass .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 October 2013 at 14:50:47 #839300

Hi khetanrekha, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

I think that a Swiss Flexi Pass or a Swiss Card would be your best option. A Swiss Card includes your trips Geneva – Grindelwald and Lucerne – Geneva for free, and 50% discounts on the other trips. That’s cheaper than a Swiss Half Fare Card which only grants discounts. If you want to calculate the exact difference you can do so as explained here. Please follow the links for all details about the passes. If you have further questions, just let us know. Please include your country of residence in that case.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss pass/Swiss flexi pass/Swiss half fare card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.