Closest dock at Rutli for the Swiss Path?

• Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    14 March 2017 at 16:38:03 #811072

I read the post on the swiss path from Slowpoke here; however I am confused about how to get to the start of the trail. I am wanting to walk sections A to F (Rutli to Sisikon). I will be coming from Interlaken; however all the timetables seem to take one either all the way to Lucerne or Zurich; I am not sure which dock would be closest to the dock at Rutli. I am not keen on boat travel so I would like the shortest water travel possible. I may have to skip the idea, I’m trying to figure out if this will work for me. I wanted something different than all the mountain hiking I’ll be doing; a lake surrounded by mountains similar to a fjord sounded attractive, if this indeed what the Swiss Path offers.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 March 2017 at 2:01:28 #860092

Hi Debra-

<<“I wanted something different than all the mountain hiking I’ll be doing; a lake surrounded by mountains similar to a fjord sounded attractive, if this indeed what the Swiss Path offers.”>>

It does. check out the maps.

<<“I am not sure which dock would be closest to the dock at Rutli. I am not keen on boat travel so I would like the shortest water travel possible.”>>

Those are Brunnen and either Sisikon, Bauen, or Flüelen. Brunnen is by far the most convenient…althoug there is 10 minute walk from the train station to the boat landing.

Not sure that I understand your issues.

The boat trips are smooth, easy, and scenic. They do have less frequent connections than train or bus. The lake is beautiful when seen from the water. The trip from Brunnen is short.

Some of the ship landings are not accessible by bus or train.

The landing at Rütli cannot be accessed except by boat or on foot. On foot is not easy.

You might start at Sisikon, where there is a train station, and perhaps not walk as far as Rütli?

The last stretch, from Bauen to Rütli is not so easy.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Closest dock at Rutli for the Swiss Path?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.