Swiss Promotion 2 For 1 pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2012 at 10:46:04 #805598

I recently purchased a Swiss Promotion 2 for 1 pass for a trip that I will undertake later this year. We plan to go to the following places in Switzerland … starting from Geneva -> Zermatt -> Interlaken and then finally Zurich

Do I need to make seat reservations for any of these train trips in advance ?

Also does this pass entitle me for discount of 50% on most gondolas, funiculars and mountain trains across Switzerland like the trip to Matterhorn, Jungfraujoch and Mt Titlis ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 September 2012 at 5:13:50 #837111

Welcome to the forum Glenam! No, you don’t have to make seat reservations, unless you plan to take scenic trains such as the Golden Pass Line. But these don’t seem to be involved in your travel scheme. And yes, your Swiss Pass gets 50% off most mountain transportation (except for the Jungfraujoch: 25% discount). All details, including a downloadable validity map for the entire country, can be found at the Swiss Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2012 at 9:25:49 #837112

Hi Annika,

Suppose I do plan to take the Golden Pass Line …. only for a part of the journey, say from Geneva to Interlaken. Would I need to pay anything extra if I have availed the Swiss Saver Pass 1 for 2 —- apart from the seat reservation costs ?

For the mountain reservation – Matterhorn, Jungfraujoch and Mt Titlis where can I avail of 25-50% discounts, how do I purchase these tickets and do I need seat reservations for these journeys ?

Thanks,
    Glen

Arno
    15483 posts
    6 September 2012 at 9:55:16 #837113

Hi Glen,

The Golden Pass does not require anything but your Swiss Saver Pass and the seat reservations. The mountain trips do not require reservations. Just show your pass at the valley station to get the discounted tickets.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Swiss Promotion 2 For 1 pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.