Swiss rail enquiry

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2013 at 9:50:08 #805850

hello,
    i browsed thru the sites sent by you, i will need a 15 day swiss saver pass, raileurope accepts in indian rupees, the fare for 15 day super saver pass for 2 is quoted as 50, 482 rs, n they will ship the tickets for free, can i go ahead with the booking, are there any hidden costs.especially if i use my credit card and the raileurope accepts rupees, there is no problem , but in case they charge the credit card company in frans then i am charged forex charges by the credit card,….this has happened to me while booking the hotel rooms, though the website showed rupees, later the hotel charged in francs, n it turned out dearer…..please help…..
    nik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    12 March 2013 at 11:18:34 #838240

Hello nik,

If you order through this page of RailEurope India, you will indeed pay in rupees, not in Swiss francs. You can pay with your credit card. The total amount is:

Pass: 51,454
    Shipping: free
    Handling: 304
    Discount: -1,300 (use this promo code to get the discount)
    Total: 50,458

This specification is listed on our Swiss Pass page as well. There are no further costs. When I just checked their site the amount was actually a bit lower (50,164), so perhaps you’re lucky 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss rail enquiry’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.