Swiss saver flex pass general questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 2:35:49 #805249

Hello,

I currently have the swiss saver flexipass 2 for 1 promotion ticket in front of me. Some questions I have are:

1. A box on the right side of the ticket says, must be validated before 30 May 2012, who and where do i take it to get it validated? below the box, it says “validating stamp”?

2. For example, if i arrive on May 10, and i use this pass on that day to go from Zurich airport to Zurich HB, I will write the month and date on the pass. On the same day, if i stop at Zurich HB for few hours (got off the train) and then later i take the train from Zurich HB to Interlaken, is it still cover because I’m traveling on the same day? Or do i need to buy a ticket for Zurich HB to Interlaken?

3. On the days that I don’t use the saver flexipass, do i get discount on train tickets, like if I just go to the station to buy a ticket from Lucerne to Zurich (since the price isn’t so much, i don’t want to use up a day for that?)

4. Does the swiss flexipass cover Berner Oberland Bahn?

Thank you so much for your help!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    6 May 2012 at 5:14:58 #836050

Hi okidoki35,

1. If your pass needs a validating stamp (this depends on the reseller) just go to the ticket counter at the railway station before you are going to use the pass (in your case that’s Zürich airport, I guess).

2. If you have written down month and date on the pass, you will travel for free all day. No need to buy a ticket for Zürich HB to Interlaken.

3. Between the first and last day of free travelling you will get a 50 % discount on your tickets. It’s up to you whether you want to use a free travelling day if you’re travelling only a short distance.

4. Yes, the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid on the Berner Oberland Bahn.

For more detailed information see the Swiss Flexi Pass page. There you’ll find a downloadable PDF overview of the network on which the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 5:17:03 #836051

Thank you so much for your promptness!!

-Elaine

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 16:36:55 #836052

Hello, I have another question!

When I use the swiss flexipass to purchase tickets (for 50% discount), can I use the automated machines, or do i need to go to a person at a window at the train station to purchase the tickets?

Thanks!

-Elaine

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 May 2012 at 0:39:37 #836053

Hi Elaine,

You can use the purchase method you prefer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 0:40:43 #836054

Thank you!

-Elaine

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 1:15:54 #836055

I made a reservation for glacier express, does it count against one day with the swiss flex?

-Elaine

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    7 May 2012 at 2:21:22 #836056

Hello Elaine,

If you have made a reservation for the Glacier Express it probably makes sense to use one of the free travelling days of your Swiss Flexi Pass. In that case your Pass will be your ticket and you will only have to pay extra for the reservation.

Does this answer your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 3:36:08 #836057

Yep, it answered my question, thank you!!

-Elaine

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2012 at 7:16:50 #836058

can i purchase the 241 spring offer for swiss flexi pass at basel sbb on 24/5 or do i have to purchase it online

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 May 2012 at 9:29:16 #836059

Hi bijonashah,

That offer is not for sale in Switzerland. Please check this page (select your country and pass type in the upper right section of the page) or this forum topic for all purchase options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 4:37:55 #836060

Moderator thanks for answer to previous question , could you please guide me further.
    I am planning to travel grindelwald from basel on 24/5 and will be based there till 29/5 where ill leave switzerland again from basel.

24/5 basel sbb to grindelwald will use unlimited free

25/5 grindelwald to jungfraujoch and back will get 25% discount (does this count in unlimited?)

26/5 grindelwald to interlaken ,lake boat ride and back unlimited travel

27/5 grindelwald to schilthorn and back 25% or 50% whatever applicable(does this count in unlimited?)

28/5 grindelwald to lucerene and back will use unlimited

29/5 grindelwald to basel sbb unlimited

my question is if i go to jungfraujoch/schilthorn and ask for 25% off does it compulsory have to be marked for unlimited?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 11:27:27 #836061

Hello bijonashah,

I just went to jungfraujoch using my Swiss flex pass but I asked them not use a free day… From Wilderswil which is the station right after interlaken ost, to jungfraujoch, I paid 134 CH, if I use the flex day the total is 129 so I just decide to pay 5 more CH just to keep one flex day… Just some extra information for you hopefully that’s helpful for you

-Elaine

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 May 2012 at 5:53:12 #836062

Hi bijonashah and Elaine! That’s right, a free travel day is not required to get the discounts for the Jungfraujoch. Further information is available at the Swiss Flexi Pass page Wandermann referred to.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2012 at 2:07:34 #836063

I was wondering if the Swiss pass work on public transportation such as bus, metro… In Lausanne? I read somewhere that it doesn’t? And one boat ride takes up one free day and you can’t use it anymore on other transportation afterwards?

-elaine

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    15 May 2012 at 7:36:25 #836064

Hello Elaine,

From this page you can download an overview of the network on which the Swiss (Saver / Flexi) Pass is valid. Lausanne is indicated by a red circle with a red dot in the middle. This means: free travel on urban public transport.

During a free day you can use all kinds of transportation, the whole day long!

• The thread ‘Swiss saver flex pass general questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.