Swiss saver flex pass general questions

Swiss saver flex pass general questions

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 6, 2012 - 4:35 AM
Hello,

I currently have the swiss saver flexipass 2 for 1 promotion ticket in front of me. Some questions I have are:

1. A box on the right side of the ticket says, must be validated before 30 May 2012, who and where do i take it to get it validated? below the box, it says "validating stamp"?

2. For example, if i arrive on May 10, and i use this pass on that day to go from Zurich airport to Zurich HB, I will write the month and date on the pass. On the same day, if i stop at Zurich HB for few hours (got off the train) and then later i take the train from Zurich HB to Interlaken, is it still cover because I'm traveling on the same day? Or do i need to buy a ticket for Zurich HB to Interlaken?

3. On the days that I don't use the saver flexipass, do i get discount on train tickets, like if I just go to the station to buy a ticket from Lucerne to Zurich (since the price isn't so much, i don't want to use up a day for that?)

4. Does the swiss flexipass cover Berner Oberland Bahn?

Thank you so much for your help!!
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
May 6, 2012 - 5:14 AM
Hi okidoki35,

1. If your pass needs a validating stamp (this depends on the reseller) just go to the ticket counter at the railway station before you are going to use the pass (in your case that's Zürich airport, I guess).

2. If you have written down month and date on the pass, you will travel for free all day. No need to buy a ticket for Zürich HB to Interlaken.

3. Between the first and last day of free travelling you will get a 50 % discount on your tickets. It's up to you whether you want to use a free travelling day if you're travelling only a short distance.

4. Yes, the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid on the Berner Oberland Bahn.

For more detailed information see the Swiss Flexi Pass page. There you'll find a downloadable PDF overview of the network on which the Swiss Flexi Pass is valid.

Enjoy your stay!
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 6, 2012 - 5:17 AM
Thank you so much for your promptness!!

-Elaine
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 6, 2012 - 4:36 PM
Hello, I have another question!

When I use the swiss flexipass to purchase tickets (for 50% discount), can I use the automated machines, or do i need to go to a person at a window at the train station to purchase the tickets?

Thanks!

-Elaine
Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
May 7, 2012 - 12:39 AM
Hi Elaine,

You can use the purchase method you prefer.
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 7, 2012 - 12:40 AM
Thank you!

-Elaine
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 7, 2012 - 1:15 AM
I made a reservation for glacier express, does it count against one day with the swiss flex?

-Elaine
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
May 7, 2012 - 2:21 AM
Hello Elaine,

If you have made a reservation for the Glacier Express it probably makes sense to use one of the free travelling days of your Swiss Flexi Pass. In that case your Pass will be your ticket and you will only have to pay extra for the reservation.

Does this answer your question?
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 7, 2012 - 3:36 AM
Yep, it answered my question, thank you!!

-Elaine
bijonashah
bijonashah
2 posts
May 11, 2012 - 7:16 AM
can i purchase the 241 spring offer for swiss flexi pass at basel sbb on 24/5 or do i have to purchase it online
Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
May 11, 2012 - 9:29 AM
Hi bijonashah,

That offer is not for sale in Switzerland. Please check this page (select your country and pass type in the upper right section of the page) or this forum topic for all purchase options.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno
bijonashah
bijonashah
2 posts
May 12, 2012 - 4:37 AM
Moderator thanks for answer to previous question , could you please guide me further.
I am planning to travel grindelwald from basel on 24/5 and will be based there till 29/5 where ill leave switzerland again from basel.

24/5 basel sbb to grindelwald will use unlimited free

25/5 grindelwald to jungfraujoch and back will get 25% discount (does this count in unlimited?)

26/5 grindelwald to interlaken ,lake boat ride and back unlimited travel

27/5 grindelwald to schilthorn and back 25% or 50% whatever applicable(does this count in unlimited?)

28/5 grindelwald to lucerene and back will use unlimited

29/5 grindelwald to basel sbb unlimited

my question is if i go to jungfraujoch/schilthorn and ask for 25% off does it compulsory have to be marked for unlimited?
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 12, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Hello bijonashah,

I just went to jungfraujoch using my Swiss flex pass but I asked them not use a free day... From Wilderswil which is the station right after interlaken ost, to jungfraujoch, I paid 134 CH, if I use the flex day the total is 129 so I just decide to pay 5 more CH just to keep one flex day... Just some extra information for you hopefully that's helpful for you

-Elaine
Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
May 13, 2012 - 5:53 AM
Hi bijonashah and Elaine! That's right, a free travel day is not required to get the discounts for the Jungfraujoch. Further information is available at the Swiss Flexi Pass page Wandermann referred to.
okidoki35
okidoki35
8 posts
May 15, 2012 - 2:07 AM
I was wondering if the Swiss pass work on public transportation such as bus, metro... In Lausanne? I read somewhere that it doesn't? And one boat ride takes up one free day and you can't use it anymore on other transportation afterwards?

-elaine
Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
May 15, 2012 - 7:36 AM
Hello Elaine,

From this page you can download an overview of the network on which the Swiss (Saver / Flexi) Pass is valid. Lausanne is indicated by a red circle with a red dot in the middle. This means: free travel on urban public transport.

During a free day you can use all kinds of transportation, the whole day long!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016