Swiss Saver Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2012 at 8:13:41 #805478

Can we use the Swiss Saver pass to travel to/from Zurich to Rhine falls? Can it also be used to travel to/from Zurich to Geneva and from Zurich to Jungfraujoch?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    26 July 2012 at 13:27:35 #836738

Hello Subathra,

There’s an downloadable overview of the network on which the Swiss (saver) Pass is valid here, hopefully this answers your question, but to be more specific:
    Zürich-Rhine Falls: yes.
    Zürich Geneva: yes.
    Zürich-Jungfraujoch: you can travel for free to Wengen or Grindelwald, from there you will have a 25% discount to Jungfraujoch, via Kleine Scheidegg.

Have a nice trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2012 at 3:52:34 #836739

Hi Olga,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Need your advice on my trip to Switzerland. I’ll be going next week with my hubby. we’ll be there for 4 days (Aug 03-06) and flying in and out of Zurich. I mostly plan to enjoy the natural beauty there and avoid visiting any museums/ cathedrals or crowded cities.
    Also, I was wondering if I buy a swiss pass to travel, will it be valid in Aug with 2 for 1 offer?? or would buy day trip card for travelling using trains & buses be better and cheaper?
    Does a swiss pass give discounts on other tourist stuff (cable ride etc)?
    Please help me finalize the itinerary. We like to visit these places :

Zurich
    Rhine Falls
    Interlaken
    Jungfraujoch
    Schilthorn and Piz Gloria
    Wengen- Murren
    Aletsch glacier
    Mt Tiltis
    Zermatt
    Lake Geneva region
    Swiss National Park(If Possible)

I know it is not possible to visit all these places in 4 days. But please help us to cover & visit most of it within our trip.

Also can you please advise us the best places to stay during our visit, will then go ahead and reserve my hotels. All ideas/ suggestions are welcome. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Sorry for too many questions;-)

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 July 2012 at 10:31:40 #836740

Hello Subathra. The 2 for 1 offer is not valid in August; please find all details in the 2 for 1 topic. The regular 4 day Swiss Saver Pass is the best choice in your case. Since you’ll be traveling a lot, it will certainly be more economical than buying regular tickets. Did you check the map Olga referred to? That allows you to find out exactly what’s covered by the pass, including cable cars and mountain trains.

As for your itinerary: I’d stick to two towns/regions if I were you. You will have to make choices for a 4 day stay and you won’t be able to cover all of your plans. You seem to start your trip in Zurich. If so, consider one overnight stay in Lucerne to cover the Titlis. Then get to Interlaken or nearby town for 2 or 3 overnight stays. This allows you to visit the Jungfraujoch, the Schilthorn and the Wengen/Mürren/Grindelwald region. I don’t know where you’re leaving from, but you can either get to Zurich or travel to Geneva on your last day using the Golden Pass. You can plan all your trips using the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2012 at 17:18:28 #836741

Hi Arno,
    Thanks a lot for your advice on our trip. Based onyour suggestionswe finalized our itinerary which is below:
    Fri 3rd Aug: Arrive at Zurich Airport, travel to Rhine Falls, Lake Zurich, travel to Interlaken – night stay in Interlaken Sat 4th Aug: Travel to Jungfrau region, Sightseeing – night stay in Interlaken Sun 5th Aug: Travel to Geneva, sightseeing in Geneva, Geneva Lake – travel back to Lucerne, night stay in Lucerne Mon 6th Aug: Travel to Mt Titlis, Sight-seeing, then to Zurich airport.I checked the fare for Swiss Saver Pass (which gives15% discounts) for 2 adults and it comes to CHF 266 each is it right??
    Also, can you please tell me how much will it costus to get Interlaken to Jungfrau using Mountain train & Lucerne to Titlisusing mountain Trains??
    If you think we need to makeany changes, please let us know…
    Thanks a lot.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 July 2012 at 2:17:13 #836742

Hi Subathra,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass is CHF 226 each, but it is different for each reseller. Just have a look at the Swiss Pass page and select your country and pass type to see all details.

Prices of mountain transport are on the respective websites: jungfrau.ch and titlis.ch. Please check this FAQ as well.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.