Swiss Saver pass in Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2012 at 11:58:00 #805694

Hi,
    just wanted to confirm if I can buy Swiss Saver pass from Geneva rail station. The site said it is available in large stations.

Also, where should I but tickets for Jungfrau Mountain Railway?

Thanks,
    Tathagata

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 November 2012 at 16:02:52 #837407

Hi Tathagata,

You’re probably referring to the 2-for-1 promotion, which is indeed available in large stations only, and online of course. Geneva is one of those stations. Jungfrau tickets can be purchased there as well, or at any manned rail station in the Jungfrau region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2012 at 9:29:37 #837408

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. There is still a bit of confusion with the ticket price. With a Swiss Pass I’m eligible for 25% reduction in price for Jungfrau Mt railway. The site jungfrau.ch quotes 127 CHF and 84 CHF for SwissPass and Half fare card respectively for a journey from Grund. I would like to know if this price is before or after the discount of 25%.

Thanks,
    Tathagata

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 November 2012 at 11:03:04 #837409

Hi Tathagata. These prices include the Swiss Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card discounts. You can compare them to the regular prices mentioned at the Jungfrau Railways price overview.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2012 at 11:17:42 #837410

I figured that out. Regular price (170) – 25% = 127 (discounted price).:-)
    I’m planning to go to Schilthorn instead for 37 CHF (50% discount with Swiss Pass) and experience the aerial cable car as well.
    Please give me a frank and honest opinion if Jungfrau is worth the extra money (90 CHF pp) because it is so talked about and I really wanted it in my album.

Thanks again for all the help,
    Tathagata

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 November 2012 at 11:12:07 #837411

Hi Tathagata. Well, opinions on this matter differ. Personally, I think it’s worth the money as it’s a unique experience. You’ll take a trip literally through the mountains to end up at Europe’s highest train station. In clear weather, the views to the north and (over the huge Aletsch glacier) south are magnificent. The view up at Schilthorn is different; more panoramic, and in its own way just as beautiful. Some prefer the Schilthorn over the Jungfraujoch. Maybe this topic is of help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2012 at 12:56:04 #837412

Hello-
    Do you know if we can buy the Swiss Pass 2 for 1 at the Geneva Airport at 7:00am on Friday 16, November?
    (the website says “Prompt Sale” opens at 6:30am and “Advice and Sale” opens at 9:00am)
    For a little context on our trip (and feel free to offer advice–nothing much is booked yet….):

Thank you so much!!! -Michael (from Minnesota, USA)
    We are flying into Geneva at 10:40pm Thursday 15, November and staying the night at the Holiday Inn Express.
    Friday: 7:10am to 9:25am train to Broc (take in Cailler Chocolate factory) – 11:34am to 11:59am train to Gruyere (take in La Maison and Castle of Gruyere) – 3:59pm to 6:49pm train to Interlaken (spend night at TBD (Roessli, Blume or maybe Grindewald)

Saturday: Top of Europe and …? (spend night in same TBD hotel)

Sunday: travel to Zermatt or Lucerne and spend night there

Monday: travel to Lugano and spend night there

Tuesday through following Monday we are in Florence for 2 nights and Rome 4 nights and then we finish with 3 nights in Barcelona

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2012 at 14:55:55 #837413

Another thought I had as I mulled things over…maybe skip Interlaken and go straight to Zermatt after Montreux and spend 2 nights before heading to Lugano.
    ((my original thought was to do Interlaken for the GoldenPassLine views and Top of Europe….however, I am wondering if train from Zermatt to Lugano would be great as well and Top of Europe isn’t worth the gamble (ie: clear skies) and Zermatt would be just as beautiful and more peaceful/romantic))
    Thank you so much in advance!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2012 at 11:24:08 #837414

Thanks for the guidance… I eventually did go to Jungfrauch and I’m not repenting a bit 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver pass in Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.