Swiss saver pass validation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2010 at 2:33:02 #803912

We have a Swiss Saver pass and will be arriving in Switzerland on Tuesday. It says it needs to be validated before use and a conductor can’t do it and neither can I. We will be picked up at the airport by friends in Zurich and the most likely place we will first use it is either on a bus in Zurich or at a Museum there so how should we get it validated? Go by the train station at the airport?

Thanks for any help – obviously we need help right now with this as we are leaving tomorrow.

Allen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    18 July 2010 at 5:32:12 #831548

Hello Allen,

Driving to a Railway station and contact the railway personnel at a ticket counter is the safest way to get your Pass validated. And perhaps driving up there is not even necessary, as Zürich Airport also has a Railway Station.

I hope this answers your question. I wish you a very pleasant trip!

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2010 at 6:22:30 #831549

That is what I thought so we will make a point of going to the ticket counter at the Railway Station at the Airport to get it validated before leaving the Airport.
    Thanks for the prompt response.

Allen

• The thread ‘Swiss saver pass validation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.