Swiss tranfer ticket or other solution

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2012 at 9:45:18 #805679

I wouldlike to know the cheapest price for a railway ticket for 7 adults and 6children (travelling with their parents) round trip from Zürich airport toZermatt 20 December 2012 and back 1 January 2013. Will that be the Swisstransfer ticket? As we are 13 pesrons maybe it will be cheaper with a group ticket? When can I buy it? Can I reserve places in the train? When and where in thatcase? I will buy the ticket and do the reservations from Sweden.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 October 2012 at 7:38:36 #837377

Welcome Mimer! Group discounts for regular tickets do exist (about 20% off for adults, 50% off for children and the 10th person travels for free; you can ask for exact quotes through the SBB), but still it’s a whole lot cheaper to buy Swiss Transfer Tickets. Only the 7 adults need Swiss Transfer Tickets. You can request for free Swiss Family Cards, which allow all children (under 16) to travel along for free with their parents. You should order your passes online through the Swiss Transfer Ticket page. Just fill our Sweden as your country of residence and your further travel data in the upper right corner.

You can only make reservations for the leg Zurich Airport-Visp, not for the regional train between Visp and Zermatt. You don’t have to make reservations though; you can do so if it’s important to you to be sure that the whole group can sit together.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 October 2012 at 6:26:47 #837378

Thank you. Will it cost to reserve places? Last year it was free as we were more than 10 persons. It would be nice to sit together. Where do I do reservations?

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 October 2012 at 6:39:10 #837379

Hi Mimer,

Yes, seat reservations need to be purchased. I don’t know about free reservations for groups. Please click Annika’s link to the reservation page for further details about how to arrange for reservations.

• The thread ‘Swiss tranfer ticket or other solution’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.