Swiss Transfer Card trips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2015 at 15:00:47 #807909

Am I correct that I can have 1st trip from Zurich Airport to Zermatt and return trip from Zermatt to Zurich City?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2015 at 15:21:52 #846044

Hi elsacheng,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You mean the Swiss Transfer Ticket, right? If so, you can indeed use it like your example. How it works, prices and more can be found here: myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket. Make sure to click to the “Price” section of that page and buy it in time, as it is not available in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2015 at 6:33:29 #846045

Hi can I ask if I should get the Swiss Transfer ticket combi with Half Fare card if I am going from Salzburg to Lucerne? Or is the Half Fare card a better option?

I will then travel from Lucerne to Interlaken 3 days later and then from Interlaken to Zurich Airport on my last day. Please advise! Thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 September 2015 at 16:08:07 #846046

Hi mahalo21,

In your case a Swiss Half Fare Card is cheaper because your inbound and outbound transfers are not that long. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard for how it works and where to buy.

Of course there are other passes too. It depends on all your trips combined whether one pass or another is cheaper or more convenient. This page explains how to do the math.

If you have further questions, please post them in a new topic.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2015 at 17:33:43 #846047

Hi and thanks for the advice which I settled for the half fare card in the end. Am I able to buy tickets online using this card or can I only buy physically?

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 September 2015 at 18:02:15 #846048

You don’t use card to buy tickets. You can buy discounted tickets online or at the station. You just need to be able to show both a ticket and the Swiss Half Fare Card when requested in the train.

Please see here for where to best buy your Swiss Half Fare Card.

Please open a new topic for further questions.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Card trips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.