Swiss Transfer or Swiss Half Price Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 5:42:57 #810040

Hi I will be travelling to Interlaken From Zurich for the Jungfrau marathon. My hotel is in Wilderswil. I also plan on visiting Jungfraujoch from Wilderswil the following day before returning to Zurich. I don’t have time to go anywhere else other than just locally in Interlaken. My questions:

1. is it better to purchase the Swiss Transfer Pass or the Swiss Half Price Pass and the tickets individually?

2. the Swiss Transfer Pass mentions it’s “2 transfers only”. The trip from Zurich to Wilderswil would require me to change trains at Bern or somewhere then again in Interlaken-Ost. Does that count as the 2 transfers or it means a return trip to and from Zurich airport to Wilderswil?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 September 2016 at 6:25:03 #855743

Hi shooey, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. A Swiss Transfer Ticket would save money on the ride to Wilderswil and back to Zurich. But that is all it includes. To save on your trip to Jungfraujoch too, a Swiss Half Fare Card would be better. You can print it at home through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail it (no delivery fees) in 1-3 business days (so you will need to order today if you want to use it from September 9). More details are here.

2. It includes the whole ride to Wilderswil and back to Zurich, regardless of how many changes are involves.

Have a wonderful trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 6:41:13 #855744

oh is there no print your own option? Unfortunately I will be arriving Sept 8. I guess I should’ve prepared for this earlier 🙁

Just curious how much savings would this be for is it a big difference? It costs 120 CHF for the half price card right?

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 September 2016 at 10:59:03 #855745

Yes, there is, but you don’t receive the card immediately, that’s why you can only order for September 9 or later. It does not save you money (at the moment, prices always vary), only time, as you don’t have to wait for a ticket office to buy the card.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer or Swiss Half Price Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.