Swiss Transfer Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2012 at 13:48:21 #805001

We will be traveling from Innsbruck to Interlaken by train, spending a week in Interlaken, then departing via Zurich Airport. I think that combining a Swiss Transfer Pass & a Berner Oberland Pass will work well for us.

Am I correct that I can present the Swiss Transfer Pass at the Innsbruck station when I buy my train ticket to Interlaken & get credit for the portion of the journey in Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 March 2012 at 15:05:17 #835119

Hi Frankdsmith,

The way the pass is validated depends on your reseller. One way is to just write down the start and end station, traveler names and passport numbers on the Swiss Transfer Ticket. In that case you don’t need to consult railway personnel at all. Another way is that you need a stamp from a railway official to validate it. You can get it at any manned Swiss rail station or (in your case) from the train personnel of the train bound for Switzerland. I’n not sure if you can get it at the Innsbruck rail station as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.