Swiss transfer pass Basel – Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2016 at 20:49:45 #808251

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, I’ve been looking at the cheapest way to travel to Interlaken. My flight lands into Basel airport, and cannot now figure out if the Swiss transfer pass would be valid to use between Basel airport and interlaken.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thankyou.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    9 January 2016 at 12:37:59 #847578

Hi Kayla

In February I will be travelling from Basel airport to Wilderswil which is a village just outside of Interlaken. I have purchased the Swiss transfer pass which includes the bus trip from the airport to Basel railway station and the return journey at the end of your trip.

Have a great time,

Jayjay

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 January 2016 at 13:19:39 #847579

Hi Kayla, and welcome to the forum!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket indeed allows for a free trip all the way from Basel Airport to Interlaken and back to any airport or border station, as explained by Jayjay. Details can be found here. You can order it through http://www.swissrailways.co.u k and have it e-mailed as an e-ticket.

By the way, a Swiss Transfer Ticket is very convenient, but if you need an exact return trip Basel Airport-Interlaken other alternatives may be slightly cheaper. You could consider regular tickets or a Swiss Half Fare Card, but this depends on your further plans. Advice on how to pick the best pass can be found here.

Jayjay, thanks for your input!

• The thread ‘Swiss transfer pass Basel – Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.