Swiss transfer pass Basel - Interlaken

Swiss transfer pass Basel - Interlaken

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Kayla
Kayla
1 post
Jan 8, 2016 - 8:49 PM

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, I've been looking at the cheapest way to travel to Interlaken. My flight lands into Basel airport, and cannot now figure out if the Swiss transfer pass would be valid to use between Basel airport and interlaken.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thankyou.

Jayjay
Jayjay
7 posts
Jan 9, 2016 - 12:37 PM in reply to Kayla

Hi Kayla

In February I will be travelling from Basel airport to Wilderswil which is a village just outside of Interlaken. I have purchased the Swiss transfer pass which includes the bus trip from the airport to Basel railway station and the return journey at the end of your trip.

Have a great time,

Jayjay

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Jan 9, 2016 - 1:19 PM

Hi Kayla, and welcome to the forum!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket indeed allows for a free trip all the way from Basel Airport to Interlaken and back to any airport or border station, as explained by Jayjay. Details can be found here. You can order it through www.swissrailways.co.u k and have it e-mailed as an e-ticket.

By the way, a Swiss Transfer Ticket is very convenient, but if you need an exact return trip Basel Airport-Interlaken other alternatives may be slightly cheaper. You could consider regular tickets or a Swiss Half Fare Card, but this depends on your further plans. Advice on how to pick the best pass can be found here.

Jayjay, thanks for your input!

Last modified on Jan 10, 2016 - 11:07 AM by Annika

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016