Swiss Transfer Pass &half Fare Card Combo

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2015 at 19:54:50 #807071

I will be purchasing the SwissTransfer Ticket Half Fare Card for our 5 day SwissTrip the end of May. On our last day we will be using transfer ticket to travel from Lauterbrunnen to Vernassa Italy. Where and how do I purchase my ticket for the Italy leg of the trip. The Euro Rail train schedule shows a train leaving Lauterbrunnen around 6:30 am and arriving Milan around 10:30 am with no stops from Spiez Switzerland to Milan. Using this train how would I purchase the ticket for Italy leg of trip. THANK YOU

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 April 2015 at 5:38:33 #842431

Hi Tom,

You don’t need a ticket for the Lauterbrunnen to Spiez leg. From Spiez onwards, you need to book tickets to Vernazza (is that where you intend to travel to?). The Swiss part of that is free because of your Swiss Transfer Ticket. I know of two options to get this ticket:

1. The SBB timetable offers one ticket for the whole journey from Spiez to Vernazza. But you can’t select the Swiss Transfer Ticket to get a discount for the Swiss part. So you either choose GA here, which should provide the same discount, or you just book a ticket from Domodossola (the border) onwards. In the latter case you don’t have a seat reservation until Domodossola.
    2. Rail Europe US offers the ticket as well, but you need to book 3 separate legs: Spiez – Milan with ‘Swiss Pass discount’, Milan – Monterosso (no pass discounts), Monterosso – Vernazza (no pass discounts).
  • The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Pass &half Fare Card Combo’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.