Swiss transfer pass immediate use query

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 21:27:45 #808658

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Switzerland later this month and will be purchasing a Swiss transfer pass. We will be flying to Geneva and spending two days there before travelling to Interlaken. My query is as to whether we can delay using our transfer pass until the day we are travelling between Geneva and Interlaken? Additionally, can we use this to travel from the train station in Geveva to Interlaken (via Bern), or would we need to return to Geneva airport to ‘validate’ the ticket on the day we want to use it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 March 2016 at 21:45:22 #849546

Welcome RoJo13,

As you live in the UK you can buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket from the below website and print it at home. Validation at the station or returning to the airport is not required. Just fill out the date you’ll be traveling from Geneva to Interlaken and it will be valid for your trip. Pick “Online Ticket” when asked for the delivery option.

http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 15:44:44 #849547

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply. We are also planning on staying in Wengen and travelling by rail up Jungfraujoch and going to Piz Gloria on the Schilthorn. I have just read that some routes and businesses close during the ‘off-season’, given that we are coming at the end of March, will this affect us at all?

Thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 March 2016 at 16:55:53 #849548

Hi RoJo13,

Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn will be open. You’d have to check for other places you’d like to visit; there are no general opening dates for all of them.

• The thread ‘Swiss transfer pass immediate use query’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.