Swiss Transfer Ticket Geneva – Basel – Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2016 at 16:02:33 #810062

I’m arriving at Geneva airport and taking a train directly to Basel for overnight, but want to return to the downtown Geneva station the next day. Can I use a Transfer Ticket for that?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 September 2016 at 16:20:34 #855820

Hi aeffkand, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, absolutely. Both the airport and the main station qualify as entry/exit points. You can print the Swiss Transfer Ticket at home to save on shipping costs: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the ticket (no delivery fees) within 1-3 business days.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2016 at 18:03:05 #855821

Great, thanks. I will be arriving on Sunday morning (Sept 11)–would that be cutting it too close?

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 September 2016 at 8:47:22 #855822

Hi aeffkand,

Yes, unfortunately you are too late to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket. You will have to buy a regular ticket in Geneva.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2016 at 14:48:25 #855823

Thanks. At least now I know about this option for when I next come back 🙂 Appreciate the help and advice!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Geneva – Basel – Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.