Swiss Transfer Ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 16:51:06 #804934

My family (2 adults, a 12 year-old) will be coming in April. We are flying into Geneva and our plan is to take the train to Interlaken for a few days then onto Milan, Italy. It looks like the Transfer Ticket would work for our needs, but I can’t find any information about whether there is an additional fee once we cross into Italy. I’m looking at a train that goes from Interlaken to Milan via Spiez.
    Can someone confirm that the Transfer Ticket would be the best choice? At the end of our stay, we will be taking the train back to Geneva from Milan, so I’m guessing that that ticket will just be bought in Milan.
    It also looks like we can get a Swiss Family Card that would allow my daughter to travel for free with us, correct?
    Thank you for any help you can provide!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 February 2012 at 7:56:37 #834927

Hi LaurenLL, and welcome to the forum! All details can be found at the Swiss Transfer Ticket page. You’ll find a link to a validity map there as well. The Swiss leg of your outbound trip from Interlaken to Milan will be for free, up to Domodossola. You’ll have to buy a regular ticket Domodossola-Milano.

Whether the Swiss Transfer Tickets is your best choice, depends on your plans in Interlaken. If you want to use public transport there as well, anoter pass would make more sense. For example: the Swiss Card provides a free inbound and outbound trip just as the Swiss Transfer Ticket, but also a 50% discount on further trips during your stay in Interlaken. The 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass could be interesting too, since you’ll be traveling in April.

Here‘s how to calculate which pass is most economical for your itinerary.

Yes, with these rail passes you can order along a free STS Family Card allowing your daughter to travel for free.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.