Swiss Transfer Ticket for sale in Geneva airport?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2015 at 9:08:25 #807806

Hi

i am planing to arrive at geneve airport then take a train to Lugano using Swiss Transfer Ticket

i have two questions :

1- is it possible to buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket from geneve airport

2- is it possible to drop off in any station on my way and get on at the next train going to my destination using the same roué (on the same day)

thank you.

bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 August 2015 at 16:56:49 #845604

Hi Bashnaini,

1. No, it is not for sale in Switzerland. You can easily purchase it online though. All the options are listed on myswissalps.com /swisstransferticket /price. What’s your country of residence?

2. Yes, that’s no problem.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2015 at 17:42:56 #845605

Hi Arno

thanks for the replay.

my country is Saudi Arabia

1- is it possible to buy the ticket online and print it at home or I have to receive it by express mail.

2- do I have to specify the dates for my travel from geneve to my final destination

3- do I have to specify my final destination when buying the ticket online

regards.

bashnaini

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 August 2015 at 18:47:46 #845606

Hi Bashnaini,

1. Yes, you can print the pass at home if you order through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/81. Note that they need up to 3 working days to process and e-mail your pass, so don’t order too late.

2. Yes, they will ask the date of your first travel day.

3. No, you don’t have to specify the destination in advance.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket for sale in Geneva airport?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.