Buy Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi via Swiss Railways

Buy Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi via Swiss Railways

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
taltulin
taltulin
1 post
Jun 17, 2015 - 8:03 AM

Hi,

I was about to order the swiss transfer ticket combi for 3 adults for the end of august, I was about to order from the official site of the swiss railways, and to ask for the family card since we'll be traveling with my 8 and 10 years old sons (and also a 5 years old but I understand I dont need to add him to the travel card since he's free), but I have a few questions:

1. dont I need to write our names somehow? and the names of the kids? the site didnt give me these options and it went almost straight to the payment. how will they know which names to write on the tickests and on the family card?

2. the site didnt give me any option besides picking the tickets at the airoport and pay extra money for it, isnt there a way to print the tickets at home?

3. does our 5 years old also need to be mentioned somehow in the family card like my 8 and 10 years old? or he can hop with us on the train without any ticket?

4. can you recommend me a site where I can order the swiss transfer ticket combi and print it at home?

thanks a lot!

Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2015 - 4:52 PM

Hi taltulin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! To make sure we're talking about the same website, the page you need on the official Swiss Railways site is www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/306.

1. You don't need to provide them names. You'll write the names on your pass yourself, as well as your passport numbers. The names should match the names in your passport.

2. You can indeed print the tickets at home. Once you have filled out your address (most importantly: your country), you can pick your shipping option under 'Delivery information'. Pick 'Online Ticket', the last option listed.

3. You can write him on the Swiss Family Card, but you don't need to as all children up to 5 years old travel for free. While traveling, you do need a passport to prove his age.

4. Yes, it's the one I mentioned above.

Enjoy your trip!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016