Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi and Family Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2015 at 12:22:32 #806884

I am travelling to Switzerland in August with my wife and 8 year old son. I intend to buy 2 transfer ticket combi for the 2 adults. My questions are 1. how far in advance can i buy the tickets online for them to be valid in August. 2. Do i need to request a free family card for my son or does the fact both adults will have the transfer ticket combi be sufficient for free purchase of further tickets. 3 if i do need family card has anyone successfully added this to basket in SBB shop aloong with transfer ticket combi as I am unable to do so.

Many thanks

John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 February 2015 at 15:09:31 #841744

Hi John,

I see you’re from the UK, so you can buy from the UK SBB shop at http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi can already be purchased, but they may send it to you later this year. I now noticed that they don’t allow getting a Swiss Family Card along with it. I think that’s a technical issue so I will notify them about that. You do need a Swiss Family Card for your son. If you don’t get one online, you can simply present your pass at any staffed rail station in Switzerland to get a free Swiss Family Card there.

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2015 at 15:13:32 #841745

Many thanks for your reply, I assumed as the combi ticket was new from January that the family card link hadn’t been added to the website. Hopefully this will get sorted.

John

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 February 2015 at 15:44:03 #841746

Hello John,

I just got in touch with them. They are working on this and it will be fixed. In the mean time you can simply ask for a free Swiss Family Card in the Comments box while ordering. So you will receive the pass and the Swiss Family Card all at once.

I hope this helps you out!

Arno

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi and Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.