Swiss Transfer Ticket – different entry and exit

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 13:32:24 #808397

We are planning to vacation in Zermatt.

However we would like to enter from Basel and then leave from Geneva. Can we do this using the Swiss Transfer Ticket or do we need to enter and leave from the same point?

Many thanks

Phil Berent

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 February 2016 at 13:49:59 #848328

Hi Phil,

That’s no problem at all. It’s explained here. You can order the Swiss Transfer Ticket through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and print it at home (select Online Ticket instead of a physical shipment). For other purchase options, please see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 15:40:49 #848329

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question.

I am looking for train times from Geneva – Zermatt on the day that we arrive (February 25th). I spent some time looking at the sbb.ch website and couldn’t seem to find the information I needed.

Could you help with this too please.

Many thanks

Phil

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 February 2016 at 16:04:21 #848330

Hi Phil,

Our timetable page explains how to find schedules.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket – different entry and exit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.