Swiss Transfer Ticket + Half fare Combi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2016 at 10:41:32 #810266

I am travelling in December to Switzerland, and wonder which pass makes the most sense for me. Itinerary as follows

dec16 Zurich Airport to Zermatt

dec22 Zermatt to Grindelwald

dec26 Grindelwald to Zurich Airport

I would want to go to the Jungfraujoch rail as well so I feel Swiss Transfer Ticket + Half fare Combi is my best bet (as you get 50% off the Jungfraujoch rail), unless you suggest otherwise. Also the two Airport to destination which is included in the Swiss transfer ticket, does it have to be like the same destination from and to the airport? In which case that would not fit my itinerary.

Thanks very much for your help

Wilson

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2016 at 13:57:49 #856705

Welcome to MySwissAlps Wilson!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi would fit your plans perfectly. It does not matter that you travel to Zermatt and back from Grindelwald. The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi will be discontinued in 2017, but since you’re traveling in December you can still take advantage of it.

You can find retailers here. As you live in Hong Kong your best options are http://www.raileurope.hk/pass /swiss-transfer-ticket-half-fare and http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2016 at 9:28:45 #856706

Thanks a lot thats very helpful!!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket + Half fare Combi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.