Swiss Transfer Ticket vs normal return tickets?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2016 at 18:14:18 #808385

Three of us are travelling from Geneva to Zermatt by train in June. We were going to buy a Swiss transfer ticket which is £97. But buying 2 single tickets (return) is showing for a total of 100.00 CHF ( £69.30 GBP) on the SBB website.

Will 100.00 CHF be the price on the day, or is it cheaper to book in advance?

The only problem I can see in buying normal tickets in advance is if our flight is late arriving on our journey to Geneva.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 February 2016 at 20:29:25 #848249

Hi mountainstar,

The regular price for a return ticket Geneva – Zermatt is CHF 200. I assume you’ve been looking at the half fare rates. The Swiss Transfer Ticket is the cheapest option. In the UK, you can buy it through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk and print it at home (select Online Ticket when they present the delivery options).

Both regular tickets and the Swiss Transfer Ticket allow you to take any train. The tickets are not for a specific train or time.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2016 at 23:05:59 #848250

Thank you, obviously I was looking at the wrong price.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket vs normal return tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.