Swiss transfer train tickets

Swiss transfer train tickets

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ruariwoodward
ruariwoodward
1 post
Dec 31, 2010 - 11:21 AM
Hello everyone, I desperately need your help and advice.

I am going to Zermatt on Monday for the first time, and need to arrange a train ticket from Zurich to Zermatt. I have found that the Swiss transfer ticket is the best option, but the websites that sell it talk about delivery times that are after I leave, and it being new years eve, there is no one in any of the offices.

Do I need the actual ticket, or is there any way to collect at the station? And if not, does anyone know what ticket I can buy that is as cheap as the transfer ticket, because it came in at around £80.

Please help, I'm really anxious about this trip now, the only reason I've left it this late is because my friend has only let me know these things today!
Arno
Arno
7317 posts
expert &
Dec 31, 2010 - 2:33 PM
Hi and welcome to this forum!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket cannot be purchased in Switzerland, and shipping it on such short notice is indeed not possible. But you can purchase a regular ticket at the rail station, either through a ticketing machine or a service desk.

If you enter Switzerland via a CityNightLine night train, a cheaper option would be an 'Anschlussticket' (for sale in that train only).

I hope this helps . Enjoy your stay and happy New Year!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016