Train pass for Swiss and local travel in Solothurn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 5:15:53 #810878

Hi,

I am staying in Solothurn for two months starting from march. i am from India. I will be traveling Local in solothurn on week days and in weekends i need to travel for other places in Swiss.

1.Please suggest me which ticket/pass I should buy and may i know the advantages it over others

2. please suggest me some places to visit ( i have 7 weekends).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    23 February 2017 at 12:26:00 #859264

Hi gokulahb,

My first impression is that two Swiss Half Fare Cards would work fine. They’ll provide a 50% discount on all your trips by public transportation, for both local as well as long distance rides.

You could explore Biel, Neuchatel, Bern, and if you don’t mind somewhat longer trips even the Lucerne region and the Bernese Oberland from Solothurn. The links I included provide sightseeing tips. The timetable will help you plans your rides.

• The thread ‘Train pass for Swiss and local travel in Solothurn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.