Swiss Travel Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2011 at 7:40:35 #804481

Hello

I will be travel to Swiss in Aug for 7 day. I will spent 2 day in Geneva, 2 day in Jungfrau then Zurich and last Basel. Any good recommendation for transport during my travel period. I plan to travel from all this places by train, but do I really need to buy swiss pass? because some of the hotel in zurich and basel provide free travel card during my stay at this place.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 July 2011 at 9:41:59 #833474

Hello juenaida, and welcome to the forum. The cards that your hotels in Zurich and Basel offer, are only valid for traveling in the cities and their immediate surroundings. So your train transfers between Geneva, the Interlaken region, Zurich and Basel are not included in these cards. A Swiss rail pass is therefore probably cost effective. Which one is best, depends on what you’ll be doing during your stay. The rail pass overview, the FAQ and the Swiss timetable may help you out here. Of course we’re happy to help if you have further plans!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.